My name is Dan Gonzalez and I am the president of the UC San Diego Triathlon Team for the 2014-2015 season. I’m very excited about the upcoming season. Each year is filled with excitement and I can’t wait to see what kinds of adventures will come our way! Our team is comprised of both undergraduate and graduate students of all levels of ability. No previous experience is required!
Here are some important dates coming up:
Friday, October 3rd
- Several of our team members will be at our table on Library Walk. If you have any interest in our team you should definitely stop by and check it out.
Thursday, October 9th
- 7pm, in the Green Room at RIMAC
- Informational meeting going over a brief overview of our team and how things work
Monday, October 13th
- First official practice at 5:30 at the Track. Bring your bike, running shoes, and water!
- Here’s our practice schedule: http://ucsdtriathlon.org/practicefaq/
Oh! And if you want to join make sure you fill out your SCOMS! (They’re medical forms to make sure you stay safe) https://scoms.ucsd.edu/
I know triathlons might seem a little scary at first, but I guarantee that with the support of this team, they can be conquered. We all have a triathlete inside of us, and UC San Diego Triathlon is the best place to find it!
Take care, and have fun!