Hello current and future triathletes!
We’re very excited about the upcoming season, and have some special events coming up to kick things off. Each year is filled with excitement and we can’t wait to see what kinds of adventures will come our way!
Our team is comprised of both undergraduate and graduate students of all levels of ability. No previous experience is required. To keep things fun this first week, we’ll be having some special team bonding practices that are open to all.
Here’s the schedule!
Tuesday, October 2nd @7pm – Info Meeting – 4th floor of RIMAC conference room
- Meet the team, get a brief overview of how things work, and carboload on pizza for the season ahead.
- 7pm, 4th floor conference room at RIMAC. Enter through the main doors and go up the stairs in the lobby!
- Did we mention the free pizza?
Wednesday, October 3rd @6pm – Swim Clinic – Canyonview Pool
- Join us at the pool this evening for fun relays and to work with our team’s experienced swimmers on technique and form.
- We’ll have two groups – one for strong swimmers to get in a serious workout, and another for those looking to work on technique – before joining back up for fun events.
- A perfect introduction to the water for new members and those just starting out with swimming. Goggles and swim cap recommended!
Thursday, October 4th @7am – Track Relays – Spanos Track
- Nothing beats waking up early and going for a run, especially when that involves running and eating – at the same time.
- Rumor has it there will be donuts and coffee involved. Bring your running shoes and an appetite.
Friday, October 5th @5pm – Campus Tour Ride – Campus Bike Shop
- Just got a new bike? Using an old barely rideable commuter? Don’t have a bike, but got the Spin app? Ever just wanted to ride around campus in a group like you owned the place? Grab a Spin bike or whatever two-wheeled pedal power you own (Heelys admired but not recommended) and join us for a chill ride around campus.
- A super expensive road/TT bike and road riding experience not necessary. Helmets though, are mandatory.
Saturday, October 6th @9am – Trail Run, Pensaquitos Canyon
- Get out of the campus bubble and into the wild on this trail run in one of the longest canyon trail systems in the area.
- We’re going for time, not distance, so all paces & experience levels welcome.
- We’ll be organizing rides to the trailhead, so check your email/sign up for our mailing list.
We’ve got more special practices lined up, so be sure to come to our Info Meeting this Tuesday, 10/2 @7pm for more info on how to join the team and stay informed. Can’t wait? Check out the other pages under the Info section of the website!